We offer Postoloprty castle, located in the village of Postoloprty 6 km west of Louny. This massive monumental Baroque castle building stands south of the square behind the Baroque Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary. The three-winged two-story building with four pavilion corner three-story extensions surrounds a rectangular courtyard. The ground floor of the central connecting wing opens onto the courtyard side with pillared arcades and on the opposite side it opens onto the square, which is accessible by a valuable classical metal gate with grille dating from 1787. The castle floors are connected by two spiral staircases in the side wings and a main staircase with stone balustrades in the middle wing. The building has extensive basements with vaulted ceilings. There are also vaults on the ground floor and part of the second floor. The other floors have flat ceilings. In the pavilion corner extensions there are large square rooms accessible from the attic and from here one sees the most beautiful view of the wide surroundings. The unique design of the roof trusses is also worth mentioning. Since 1958 the castle has been protected as a cultural monument.
The chateau was built in 1611 on the site of an older fortress mentioned as early as 1514. During the ownership of Ferdinand of Schwarzenberg between 1706 and 1718, the castle building was rebuilt in the Baroque style according to a design by the architect P.I. Bayer. Then, in 1752, the castle facade was repaired, the high wall surrounding the castle was demolished, and all the moats were filled in. After a great fire in 1768, Jan of Schwarzenberg began another general renovation of the castle, which lasted until 1790. At that time, the completed castle took on a new appearance which it has until today. The square block of the existing building was demolished and the tower with the main gate to the courtyard was removed.
The undulating fertile landscape around Postoloprty attracts tourists. There is a large number of historical monuments and also a wide range of sports activities in the surrounding region. The village and the nearby towns of Louny and Žatec offer all amenities to the local population. The distance to Prague is only 70 km.